Diversity at Summit
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Summit commits to fostering a community where individuals of differing cultural backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences bring their whole selves; where we value and honor the contributions and talents that each person brings; and where everyone realizes a fulfilled life — a life of well-being that is filled with purpose; financial security;civic identity; strong relationships;and health. These commitments have inspired the design of our schools and Home Office.
What does DEI look like at Summit?
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences.
We currently live these values through the following ways:
- Conducting data collection and analysis of our faculty around identities of focus
- Measuring outcomes around representation;inclusion; engagement;connection; and belonging for staff and students
- Incorporating awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our talent strategy
- Providing personalized professional development and training and knowledge around issues of cultural responsiveness and unconscious bias
- Embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do
- Creating welcoming and accepting environments for all our faculty, staff, and students
Please let us know if you have specific questions about our DEI efforts by emailing Reeba Monachan (You default email software will be launched), our Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.