Summit Tahoma Parent Involvement
We believe parents are our partners in fulfilling our mission. Each year, our goal is to have all parents participate at least once in any of the following ways. Opportunities will be advertised in our newsletters.
Parents can participate in the following ways:
- Drive students for the camping trip or college study trips; drive student athletes to athletic events
- Attend a Recruitment Open House with our director Mr. Stewart and help present to prospective 8th grade parents
- Help coordinate a school event such as Prom, Graduation, or the Athletics Award Banquet
- Donate to Mentor Potlucks
- Participate in Career Day
- Help improve our campus during School Beautification Day
- Support administrative tasks like filing, data entry, and mass mailings
- Support our extracurricular programs through monetary donations
PIVOT (Parents in Volunteer Organizing Teams)
PIVOT is Tahoma’s organization for parent volunteers and involvement. PIVOT meets monthly to plan for school events including the annual Camping Trip, College Study Trips, Prom, and Graduation. PIVOT organizes other volunteer efforts including Teacher Appreciation Week and weekly snacks at faculty meetings. PIVOT also provides input on school governance matters.
Please see the “2020-2021 PIVOT Meeting Dates” (Google Doc) for the 2020-2021 PIVOT meeting dates.
If you would like to be part of Summit Tahoma PIVOT, please contact Ms. Toyama at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage families to stay in touch by engaging with us on social media! Please like and follow our school accounts:
- Summit Tahoma Facebook (Open a new window to Facebook.com page)
- Summit Tahoma Instagram (Open a new window to Instagram.com page)
Important updates about our school will be included in our regularly scheduled newsletters. If you are not receiving the newsletters, please ensure that they are not being filtered out into your spam folder, then contact the Dean of Operations, Ms. Kerkhof, at email@example.com.