- Choose Atlas
- Choose Denali
- Choose Everest
- Choose K2
- Choose Olympus
- Choose Shasta
- Choose Sierra
- Choose Summit Prep
- Choose Tahoma
- Choose Tamalpais
- Columns Shortcode
- Enroll Mockup 5
- Main Home Page
- School Local Plans & Reports
- COVID Safety Plans
- Education Protection Account (EPA) Spendings
- Learning Continuity and Attendance Plans (LCPs)
- LCFF Budget Overview for Parents 2020 – 2021
- English Language Proficiency Assessment for the 21st Century
- English Learners Advisory Committee Meeting
- Local Control Accountability Plans (LCAPs)
- Local Educational Agency Plans (LEAPs)
- School Accountability Report Cards
- School Plans for Student Achievement
- Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
- Summit in the News
- Teach at Summit
- Thank You
- Thank You
- Summit Stories
- Who We Are
- The Summit Model
- Our Schools
- Summit Denali (Sunnyvale)
- Summit Everest (Redwood City)
- Summit K2 (El Cerrito/Richmond)
- Summit Prep (Redwood City)
- Summit Shasta (Daly City)
- Summit Tahoma (San Jose)
- Summit Tamalpais (Richmond)
- Summit Sierra (Seattle)
- Summit Atlas (West Seattle)
- Summit Olympus (Tacoma)
- Student & Family Resources
- Attendance Policy
- Confidential Medical Release Policy
- Discipline Policy
- Freedom of Expression Policy
- Meal Program and Policies
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- School Forms
- Student and Staff Boundaries Policy
- Student Support Programs
- Suicide Prevention Policy
- Technology Policy
- Join Our Team
- Información Sobre la Escuela Virtual
- Board Governance
- Bullying/Harassment Prevention Policy
- Math Placement
- Title IX: Sex-Based Non-discrimination
- Website Accessibility Policy
- CA Non-discrimination Statement
- CA Uniform Complaint Procedure
- CA Student Non-Discrimination Policy
- CA Student Sexual Harassment Policy
- CA Employee Non-discrimination Policy
- CA Employee Sexual Harassment Policy
- WA Non-discrimination Statement
- WA Public Records Policy
- WA Uniform Complaint Procedure
- WA Student Non-discrimination Policy
- WA Student Sexual Harassment Policy
- WA Employee Non-discrimination Policy
- WA Employee Sexual Harassment Policy
- Virtual School Information
- Transcript – California Board Meeting March 19th, 2020 Open Session
- Transcript – Family Engagement at Coastal Academy
- Transcript – Mentoring Knowing Every Student with Summit Learning
- Transcript – Projects Immersing Students in Real-World Scenarios
- Transcript – Self-Direction: Putting Students in the Driver’s Seat
- Transcript – Teachers and Parents Partner for Learning at Howard University Middle School
- Transcript – The Role of the Student in Summit Learning
- Transcript – The Role of the Student in Summit Learning
- Transcript – The Role of the Teacher in Summit Learning
- Transcript – “Personalized Learning at Summit Public Schools” video
- Transcript – “Favorite Projects” video
- Transcript – “Like a Family” video
- Transcript – “Mentoring” video
- Transcript – “Personalized Learning” video
- Transcript – “The Vision of Summit Public Schools” video
- Transcript – video “Aprendizaje Personalizado”
- Transcript – video “Como una Familia”
- Transcript – video “Proyectos Favoritos”
- Transcript – video “Tutoria”
- Transcript – “Summit Public Schools Home Office” video
About Summit Public Schools
Charter schools are public schools. They are tuition-free and open to any student who wishes to attend. Charter schools allow parents, organizations, or community groups to restore, reinvent, and re-energize our public school system. Charter schools are designed, tailored, and governed by each local community and are governed by a non-profit board of directors, rather than an elected school board.
As public schools, Summit schools are free of charge to students who want to attend. There are no fees associated with enrolling in the schools. All students receive a college-preparatory education at no cost to them or their families.
Our teachers are highly motivated, academically accomplished, innovative, and creative. They come to us from the best teacher preparation programs across the country because they truly believe in giving every student the skills needed to succeed in college and career.
At Summit, teachers participate in 40 days of professional development each year, during which they work together to ensure students are always receiving the highest quality education.
About The Summit Student Experience
Participation in extracurricular activities is essential to developing a well-rounded student. It is also an extremely important component of the college application. Applicants are most attractive when they have a strong academic record and demonstrate a sustained commitment to select extra-curricular activities.
At Summit schools, we focus on developing happy, healthy students who have a well-balanced lifestyle that mixes academic classes with personal passions and enjoyable extracurriculars. The majority of these activities are driven by student interest and demand. The philosophy at Summit schools is to embrace student leadership and initiative.
Students can expect the full support of the faculty in their interests and endeavors. Many of the activities and extracurriculars take the form of electives, clubs, committees, athletic teams, and organized social occasions.
Summit schools devote considerable time and attention to developing and maintaining safe school environments.
Key elements include:
- A commitment to building and modeling character
- A principled vs. rules-based approach
- Consistent high standards and expectations
- Involved parents
About Summit’s Enrollment Process
If you would like to transfer or enroll in one of our schools during the current school year, please submit an Intent to Enroll form either online or in person at one of our schools. If space is available, enrollment offers are made on a rolling basis. If there is no space available, we will make offers when seats become available. We will use a random selection process to determine which students will receive enrollment offers. Preferences in the random selection process will be given as provided by State law or permitted by the school’s charter. Dates for the random selection processes will be listed on our school websites at least two school days in advance.
To start the enrollment process, please visit our Enroll page for more information. There are no academic prerequisites or other requirements for enrolling in a Summit school.
If there are more students expressing interest in enrolling than the number of available spots, we will use a random selection process to determine who will receive an enrollment offer.
Preferences in the selection process will be given as provided by State law or permitted by the school’s charter. You can contact our schools directly to learn more about their specific preferences. The random selection process is mandated by California and Washington states.
If you receive an enrollment offer, congratulations! You will have the option to enroll your student at that Summit school. If you are not yet selected, then you will be placed on a waitlist. As openings become available, students will be given enrollment offers in the order in which their name was selected in the random selection process.
California Schools Enrollment
Each Summit school in California will admit all students who wish to attend the school and who submit a timely application, unless the school receives a greater number of applications than there are spaces for students. If this occurs, Summit will have a public random selection process to determine which students will receive an enrollment offer.
Intent to enroll forms will be accepted during a publicly advertised open enrollment period each year for enrollment in the following school year. Following the open enrollment period each year, intent to enroll forms shall be counted to determine whether any grade level has received more intent to enroll forms than availability. At the conclusion of the public random drawing, all students who were not granted admission due to capacity will be given the option to put their name on a wait list according to their draw in the public random drawing.
Except as provided in the California Education Code, admission to Summit schools in California will not be determined according to the place of residence of the student or his or her parents or legal guardian within the State of California. Preference in the public random selection process will be given as required by the Education Code or permitted by the school’s charter.
California Schools Enrollment: Richmond and El Cerrito Area
Summit K2 and Summit Tamalpais are part of the Enroll West Contra Costa initiative. The initiative aims to inform the community about all public charter schools in the West Contra Costa Unified School District area and help families enroll with ease.
Washington Schools Enrollment
Each Summit school in Washington will be open to all students at the appropriate age groups and grade levels who wish to attend. Summit Atlas, Summit Olympus, and Summit Sierra will be open to all students without regard for the location of residence of students within Washington. If capacity is insufficient to enroll all students who apply to a school, admission to the school, except for existing students, will be determined by lottery.
Students wishing to attend Summit Atlas, Summit Olympus, and Summit Sierra must follow admission procedures with respect to completing applications, and enrollment forms and documents by the announced deadlines. Summit will not require admissions testing or other evaluations of any applicant. Summit will not charge tuition.
Following the open enrollment period each year, applications will be counted to determine whether any grade level has received more applications than capacity. If the number of students who wish to attend a Summit Washington school exceeds the school’s capacity, enrollment, except for existing students, will be determined by a lottery for each grade level. Preference in the lottery will be provided only to siblings of currently enrolled students or graduates of the school.
At the conclusion of the lottery, all students who were not granted admission due to capacity will be given the option to put their name on a wait list according to their draw in the lottery.
Please check our Enroll pages to find our enrollment offer dates!
Yes, we encourage you to submit Intent to Enroll forms to multiple Summit schools to increase your chances of being selected in the random selection process.
Please contact your school of interest to find out whether they hold school tours and shadow days.
If you’re unable to submit an Intent to Enroll form through our online portal, please visit our schools in person to fill out a paper form.
Please contact our schools directly to find out more information!
Summit Public Schools Equal Access Statement
Summit schools shall be nonsectarian in its admission and enrollment policies and shall not discriminate against any student on the basis of actual or perceived disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code or association with an individual who has any of the aforementioned characteristics.
Summit schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in the charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. Summit schools are not allowed to request a pupil’s records before enrollment or encourage a child who is enrolled in a charter school to disenroll or transfer to another school. A parent, guardian, or pupil (18 years or older) who believes that a Summit school is in violation of Education Code Section 47605(d)(4) has the right to file a formal complaint. You can find the forms below.
Summit Public Schools are free public schools open to all. Acceptance is not a reflection of academic merit or needs.Enroll Today!
Work with Us
We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.Apply to Join Us!
Donate to Summit
Together we can change the future of public education and our nation!!Give Today!
Summit Public Schools Follow 2,899 5,411
We believe every child is capable of college and career success. Summit Public Schools is a leading network of 15 public schools in California and Washington.
They say it takes a village.
And you can't #ReThinkHighSchool alone.
That's why teacher collaboration is just as important as student collaboration.
S/O to @SummitPS + @latitude378 for sharing insights with your XQ fam at last week's Community of Practice ❤️.
We are a leading public school network that prepares a diverse student body for success in college & to be thoughtful, contributing members of society