Benefits at Summit
Summit Public Schools offers a competitive benefits package for full-time faculty who work 30 or more hours per week.
- We partner with TriNet for all employee benefits. Through our partnership with TriNet, you are eligible for health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance.
- Health insurance is effective from the first day of your employment (start date).
- Summit Public Schools pays approximately 75% and the employee pays 25% of the premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and qualified dependents regardless of the plan chosen.
- Summit pays 100% of the cost for life & disability insurance.
- Employees who hold alternative health insurance may decline coverage through Summit Public Schools and receive a monthly reimbursement in lieu of coverage.
- Eligible credentialed Summit California teachers participate in the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
- Credentialed and classified Summit Washington employees participate in the Washington Teacher or State Employee Retirement Service.
- All other Summit employees participate in a retirement plan, with Summit contributing approximately 12% monthly on their behalf.
Paid Time Off:
(for full-time, exempt employees)
|Holidays||11 paid federal holidays|
*School sites only are also closed for one additional week over winter break and one week during the spring
|Personal Days||Additional time off is granted on a take what you need basis, with the approval of your manager|
|Parental Leave||Two weeks per birth or adoption event, plus one week per year of employment over two years at Summit (capped at 10 weeks)|
Experience Stipend (for Teachers only)
We value our teachers’ Summit experience and offer annual stipends for teachers who have been with us for three or more years.