Benefits at Summit
Summit Public Schools offers a competitive benefits package for full-time faculty who work 30 or more hours per week.
- We partner with TriNet for all employee benefits. Through our partnership with TriNet, you are eligible for health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance.
- Health insurance is effective from the first day of your employment (start date).
- Summit Public Schools pays approximately 75% and the employee pays 25% of the premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and qualified dependents regardless of the plan chosen.
- Summit pays 100% of the cost for life & disability insurance.
- Employees who hold alternative health insurance may decline coverage through Summit Public Schools and receive a monthly reimbursement in lieu of coverage.
- Eligible credentialed Summit California teachers participate in the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
- Credentialed and classified Summit Washington employees participate in the Washington Teacher or State Employee Retirement Service.
- All other Summit employees participate in a retirement plan, with Summit contributing approximately 12% monthly on their behalf.
Paid Time Off:
(for full-time, exempt employees)
|11 paid federal holidays
*School sites only are also closed for one additional week over winter break and one week during the spring
|Additional time off is granted on a take what you need basis, with the approval of your manager
|Two weeks per birth or adoption event, plus one week per year of employment over two years at Summit (capped at 10 weeks)
Experience Stipend (for Teachers only)
We value our teachers’ Summit experience and offer annual stipends for teachers who have been with us for three or more years.