Summit Denali Parent Involvement
We believe parents are our partners in fulfilling our mission. Each year, our goal is to have all parents participate at least once in any of the following ways. Opportunities will be advertised in our newsletters.
Listed here are just some of the ways parents can participate at Summit Denali:
- Drive students to field trip or college study trips; drive student athletes to athletic practices and events;
- Attend a recruitment Open House/Info night with our directors and help present to prospective families considering Denali;
- Help coordinate school events such as Dances/Prom, Graduation, Athletics Awards, Field Days, special events and celebrations;
- Help with our staff and mentors with a variety of requests;
- Help improve our facilities during School Beautification Days;
- Support administrative tasks like filing, data entry, and mass mailings;
- Help connect us with internship opportunities for our students;
- Coach or assist with an athletic team;
- Assist with middle school clubs;
- Work with our Community Engagement Manager to connect with prospective families as a “Parent Partner”;
- Support our extracurricular programs through monetary donations,
- And more.
Denali Parent Organization
There are two separate parent organizations that assist with community and events, one each for our middle school and high school. Each of our parent organizations (DPO) are in need of capable, organized, community focused individuals. Is that you?
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to connect you.
This is a regular monthly, social gathering and an opportunity for our Spanish-speaking families to meet, obtain information about Summit Denali, and become involved. Parents from both the middle and high school meet at our middle school site. If you are a Spanish speaking family and interested in joining us, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to connect you.
We encourage families to keep abreast of school events, community news and happenings by engaging with us on social media. Please like and follow our school accounts:
Newsletters (Grizzly Bytes)
Important updates about our school will be included in our regularly scheduled newsletters. If you are not receiving the newsletters, please ensure that they are not being filtered out into your spam folder, then contact your school’s Dean of Operations.