How to Apply
Our application for the 2019-20 school year is now closed.
The application for the 2020-21 school year will open in the Fall of 2019. In the meantime, please join our mailing list to receive program and application updates!
The application process for the Summit Learning teacher residency is a five step process:
Step 1: Learn about our program and our approach to teaching and learning
- Learn about the Summit Experience
- Sign up to receive program updates (This link opens the Sign Up Google Document in a new tab.)
Step 2: Complete our online application
Please complete our online application (This link opens new tab to Summit Learning website) (available in Fall 2019). A complete application includes:
- A resume
- Response to the question: Please tell us why you want to become a teacher, including your professional, educational and personal path towards making this decision.
Short Answer Questions
Your short answer response should fully answer the question and provide us with insight into your path to teaching. Please make sure include details about:
- What experiences in your life brought you here
- What makes you committed to a career in education
You can submit your response in a short answer essay (approximately 200 words), a short video (approximately 3-5 minutes), a slide deck, or another format that allows you to share authentically.
Step 3: Phone Interview
This is an opportunity for us to give you in-depth information about the program and learn more about you through:
- Questions about your motivations
- Questions about your experience
- Follow-up on your short answer responses from your application
Step 4: Virtual Face to Face Interview
This is an opportunity for us to learn more about you through:
- Authentic simulations
- An interview
- Your reflections and questions
Step 5: Cooperating Teacher Matching
We will match you with a Cooperating Teacher for the upcoming school year, based on your subject area, location preferences, and information you provided to us during the application process.