Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Summit Public Schools’ buildings will remain closed in August, and all students will attend school virtually.
Family & Student Information: COVID-19 Closure
Virtual School at a Glance
- August 18th – New Student Orientation (new to Summit students only)
- August 19th – All students’ first day of Virtual School
- August 20th – Until further notice all students attend Virtual School from 8:20am to 3:20pm daily. The school day has natural breaks built into it for students to eat, stretch, and work away from their screen.
We are excited to “see” our students soon! Parents, please continue to check your email for regular information from the school.
Parents, please continue to check your email for important notices from the school.
Other Family Resources
- Prepared Parents tips and tricks
- The CDC Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 – (Only the parent section)
- The Child Mind Institute’s Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus.
- National Association of School Psychologists’ Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- SAMSHA’s Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak(PDF)
- SAMHA’s Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (PDF)